The Fourteen traditional Stations
of the Cross are trelated to the Frome 'Via Crucis' sequence as follows:
- First Station - Jesus is condemned to Death: This corresponds to the first of the scenes of the Frome 'Via Crucis'.
- Second Station - Jesus is made to bear His Cross: The second scene of the Frome 'Via Crucis'.
- Third Station - Jesus falls the first time under His Cross
- Fourth Station - Jesus meets His Mother
- Fifth Station - Simon the Cyrene helps Jesus carry His
sequence of the fall under the Cross and being assisted by Simon of
Cyrene are joined together in the third scene of the Frome 'Via Crucis'.
- Sixth Station - Veronica wipes the face of Jesus
- Seventh Station - Jesus falls the second time
- Eighth Station - Jesus speaks to the daughters of
Jerusalem: The meeting with His mother and the daughters of Jerusalem are combined in the fourth scene of the Frome 'Via Crucis' (Image to right).
- Ninth Station - Jesus falls the third time
- Tenth Station - Jesus is stripped of His garments: The fifth scene in the Frome 'Via Crucis'.
- Eleventh Station - Jesus is nailed to the Cross: The sixth scene at Frome.
- Twelfth Station - Jesus dies on the Cross: The final scene of the Frome sequence depicted above the doorway of the North Porch of the Church.
- Thirteenth Station - Jesus is taken down from the Cross
- Fourteenth Station - Jesus is buried in the sepulchre
Schematic plan from a Franciscan website showing location of the 14 Stations within the city of Jerusalem